Sunday, November 20, 2016

Buldojang, Desa Sri Hartamas

Found a Korean restaurant which serves jjampong (spicy seafood noodle)!


Colleague wanted to have Korean for lunch so she was recommended by her Korean friend Buldojang, a Korean-Chinese restaurant located in Desa Sri Hartamas. It's at the shoplot where Burger King is, at Level 1.

Parking is hard to find (as usual for that area) but the restaurant do offer valet parking after 6pm!

banchan

We were recommended to order the jajangmyeon (black bean sauce noodle), tang yu suk and jjampong.

.
tang yu suk - sweet and sour pork

I'm not a fan of jajangmyeon so we swapped that with a large plate of japchae bap, because you know I love my rice! LOL

We ordered a regular-sized tang yu suk, which to me is different than the Chinese version of sweet and sour pork. The one served here has darker and stickier sauce, sweet with some kicks of spiciness from the chopped chilies. We agreed that this was soooooo good and it went so well with rice.

japchae bap - stir-fry glass noodle and rice

The japchae bap was equally good. The rice was so good. I love my Korean rice, which is stickier than our average rice. The glass noodles weren't soft and mushy, but well-mixed with assorted vegetables and God-knows what sauce.

jjampong - spicy seafood noodle

Also ordered a large bowl of jjampong - the dish that I was most excited about. The first few slurps were quite innocent, but after a while the spiciness started to creep to our lips and caused the three of us to have runny noses and unnecessary sweat.

The bowl was filled with vegetables, clams, mussels and squids!

They gave us scissors to cut the noodles so no worries of splashing while getting your serving and battling endless strands of noodles.

bingsu!

Received complimentary bingsu from the restaurant. I'm putting Buldojang in my must-visit again restaurant because I noticed all the other patrons ordering jajangmyeon.

I guess it must be damn good so I MUST try la hor.

And also for the tang yu suk. Heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(