Friday, November 03, 2017

Japan 2017: Tsukiji Fish Market


First full day in Tokyo! We started off with Tsukiji Fish Market..


Took the Hibiya Line on Tokyo Metro to Tsukiji station.





look at that octopus and tuna!

So happened the first food shop that attracted our attention was a shop selling some deep fried stuff..


Aji no Hamato sells various kinds of deep-fried stuff so we couldn't help ourselves, since it was raining a little and cold..


Ended up with a tuna croquette and a corn-fish-cake! Both actually managed to fill up our tummies.. which was actually a very bad move.


Then we saw a stall selling fruits, and ichigo daifuku beside it.


Since I've yet to try white strawberry I chose the white ichigo daifuku, which cost 500 yen.

Honestly, besides the strong strawberry scent, it wasn't sweet. Has a sour hint.

After settling the daifuku, we then realised that's where the lane for fresh seafood shops were.. So that's why don't be greedy and buy whatever you see.

We decided to stop by at a shop selling unagi and skewered seafood.


The hotate (scallops) were so huge and juicy!

Then we walked to nearby store..

1200 yen sea urchin (uni) and 400 yen oyster!

I swear the oysters there were jaw-dropping, compared to what I've eaten back home. Another tourist was actually promoting the 500 yen oyster, which was a little bigger than the one I bought. But I wanted to round up my payment so I took two 400-yen oysters and a 1200 yen sea urchin.


I've tried uni in one of the Japanese restaurants in Malaysia before but was put off by the scent and taste. However, I was willing to try it again in Japan, and thank heavens I did!

It was a different experience altogether! So creamy.. and the oyster was so tasty!

Shop 1 is where we bought the uni and the oyster while shop 2 is where we bought the oyster and the miso crab below

Then dropped by another shop because they were promothing oysters with lemon juice.. so my sister bought one and I ordered kani miso (crab head with miso paste).



I love kani miso, although it's a bit salty. It would have gone so well with rice.


We walked until the end of the row when we saw a store selling tamagoyaki.


Then I remembered it was featured in one of Internationally Me videos!





100 yen tamagoyaki. Apparently you can have it sweet or savoury. My sister bought the sweet ones.. but I didn't quite like it, because I'm more drawn to savoury stuff.



We walked around and decided to settle somewhere for lunch, because I decided we should have lunch in Tsukiji Market before leaving for our next destination.


So we went back to a restaurant opposite Shop 1 (where we had the uni and oyster).



Got my hands on negitoro don! And they gave free kani miso soup for each person. So goooodddd..



I ordered another oyster!


I can't remember the name of this restaurant, but it's located opposite Shop 2 in my previous photo.

I will definitely go back to this place again! 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(