Monday, December 04, 2017

Japan 2017: A little bit of Sensoji


This is going to be one of the most half-assed posts in my blog - about our visit to Sensoji (sensouji = 浅草寺). Because something happened while we were there and I had no control of my emotions so we couldn't really enjoy the trip.

Totally my fault. But first:


Been drinking beauty drinks while in Japan. Everytime I go to Japan I'll definitely buy beauty drinks to consume.

BREAKFAST from Family Mart, somewhere nearby Iriya Entrance/Exit of JR Ueno Staion

We took the Ginza Line to Asakusa Station, and after alighting we were greeted by some rickshaw drivers (?). We didn't take any photos of them/with them because we were shocked by how "sexy" they were.

If you know what I mean lah. 🙈

Anyways, one of them showed us the way to the temple.

you see the guy in straw hat behind me? he's one of them! but this one not so sexy LOL
Anyways this is the famous gate, the Kaminarimon, which I fondly call the red tanglung gate wtf

you can count on me to make funny faces in photos

It was a sunny day, and the place was crowded.

Nakamise-dori, street leading towards the temple

rows of shops selling souvenirs and food

can see Tokyo Skytree!


Being our usual glutton selves and curious cats, we stopped by a shop with a line selling desserts. 

Mixed green tea and vanilla ice-cream

my sister said i looked so lost in the photo

Made our way towards before being distracted by a shop selling agemanju, something like deep-fried mochi/daifuku.


Got myself the pumpkin one:


eating shot is a must!

After that, the incident happened.

The Hozomon

My phone died. Like died. Blacked out.


And because of that I got so pissed off since I depended solely on my phone (was on roaming) for maps (and also updating my social media!).

I had to sit to think what to do and I sensed my sister was trying to make me feel better. I was still annoyed but I suggested we go up to the main hall to pray and buy some charms.

Then my sister suggested us to look for places with WiFi and we found Starbucks! She quickly logged onto the network to find out ways to fix my phone..

Happy liao phone is alive

Turned out I just had to press the on/off button and menu button simultaneously for 10 seconds wtf.  

#fatdieme

So yeah, one of 2018 resolutions is to have more patience and have more control of my emotions (read: don't get angry/annoyed so fast bah!).


We continued our journey into Nakamisedori to get some souvenirs before starting our walk towards Tokyo Skytree.


Stopped by Kuriko-an (くりこ庵) to try some taiyaki. I think I got the chestnut + red bean one. Honestly, it wasn't that amazing for me. The cake was bland and thick.

makan faces again

Stay tuned for the next post: Tokyo Skytree!

Sorry for the face (and dried lips) but the mole is cute no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(