Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Japan 2017: Peanuts Gang All Stars Exhibition in Snoopy Museum Tokyo


Apart from RADWIMPS Human Bloom Tour Finale concert at Nippon Budokan, this was the other highlight of my Tokyo trip last May!


The Snoopy Museum Tokyo is located in Roppongi (六本木). The nearest station would be Roppongi station (hosting the Hibiya Line and Oedo Line). Azabujuban Station (hosting the Nambaku Line and Oedo Line) is quite nearby too, so it depends where you're coming from.

We came from Ueno Station so we stopped at Roppongi Station (rode the Hibiya Line). It was less than a km walk from the station.


Tickets are priced at 2,000 yen (adults); 1,400 yen (university/college students); 1,000 yen (junior/senior high school students);  and 600 yen (from 4 years old to elementary school students) while free admittance for children below 3 years old!


However, you get cheaper prices (200 yen off) if you buy your tickets in advance from Lawson stores/website.. if you're in Japan.


But no worries, we foreigners can get advance tickets from JAPANiCAN or Voyagin. I got mine from JAPANiCAN. Just had to register an account and the process was quite simple. The website also offers tour packages and accommodation bookings.

The ticket is in a form of comic strip published on the same day of our visit, 40 years ago! And washi tape as 1st anniversary gift! 💗

Exhibition in the museum changes every 6 months. We were in time for the PEANUTS GANG ALL STARS Exhibition, which was in conjunction with the museum's 1st anniversary!


Upon entering, you will see this signature Snoopy kennel with him laying on it, and Woodstock on its tummy!


At one wall, an image of Charlie Brown resting with Snoopy can be seen..


..made up of comic strips!


Amazed at how strips were carefully chosen to build up the image. I stared at it quite a while before started going through some of the strips. I think the ones that I've read from The Star newspapers did not even make up 10% of this!


Certain areas of the exhibition allowed photography while some don't, so visitors have to take note of the signs.

sorry for the blur photo

Other walls were painted red and fill with frames of comic strips, magazine covers, articles and quotes related to the cartoon and the cartoonist, Charles M. Schulz.





We were then brought into a theater to watch a short montage of Schroeder playing a piano and Snoopy dancing.

The main stars of this exhibition are the characters in the comic strip, which were named the Peanuts Gang! Each character had his/her/its description such as first appearance, weakness, random fact etc.

Schroeder, the Beethoven fan, was named after a boy in Charles's neighbourhood

😂


Linus is Lucy's younger brother!

Lucy's weakness is Schroeder

Sally is Charlie Brown's younger sister


I want a clock like this!


Charlie Brown, Snoopy's owner

This strip is the cutest among all

LOL



The only black character in Peanuts. He was created by Charles after a school teacher expressed the importance of having a black character in the strip

Pigpen's weakness is a bar of soap




Her favourite


Now I know that they're Snoopy's siblings!


The cutest

so bling bling




There was also an interactive theater where the Peanuts Gang Orchestra played (on the screen). The seat in the audience represents a  character - reacts when you sit and corresponding character on the screen will wave!


Towards the end of the exhibition, the characters were lined up on the walls.



"..maybe the red-haired girl will come and dance with Charlie Brown!" is a line I like to sing along to during the cartoon, can't remember which channel was showing that time

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I don't mind this on my wall

The end of the exhibition led to Brown's Store, where you can buy Peanuts-related stuff such as stationery, dining things (i bought a pack of coasters!), towels, t-shirts, gifts, snacks and random souvenirs!


Had to control myself from spending too much as usual.

Then we head over to the cafe attached to the museum - Cafe Blanket. Please note that only visitors to the museum can go into the store and cafe.


There's also a food truck outside, but we didn't check it out.

I bought this


Cafe Blanket is named after Linus's blanket. There is actually a PEANUTS Cafe located in Meguro, Tokyo. However that requires reservation as they have limited openings. I think I failed to get reservations to the cafe.


I had one of the Snoopy Dish sets while my sister had the pancake. The food was just ay-okay, nothing to shout about.


But I guess since we were already there, might as well eat lor.

I like the sandwich, but not the coney dog though. Fries are love as usual.

Served in a dog dish!

Didn't buy this.. should have

Visited the toilet before leaving:





Honestly I enjoyed this museum a lot more than the Pokemon Center. I don't consider myself a big Snoopy fan but I have no idea why I was so excited to go!

Oklah partially it was also because I failed to obtain tickets to Ghibli Museum and Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea are pricey.

So yeah. I wanna go back and see Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts Gang again! Unfortunately the museum is only temporary, it's supposed to be opened for only 2 and a half year's time.

I guess it will close somewhere in October 2018?

😱

That means I only have next year to go!

😱

*cries*


No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(